81. Under which of the following conditions will there be no change in the reading frame of following mRNA?
(1) Insertion of G at 5th position
(2) Deletion of G from 5th position
(3) Insertion of A and G at 4th and 5th positions respectively
(4) Deletion of GGU from 7th, 8th and 9th positions
Ans: (4) Deletion of GGU from 7th, 8th and 9th positions
82.What triggers activation of protoxin to active Bt toxin of Bacillus thuringiensis in boll worm?
(1) Body temperature
(2) Moist surface of midgut
(3) Alkaline pH of gut
(4) Acidic pH of stomach
Answer: (3) Alkaline pH of gut
83. Identify the correct pair representing the causative agent of typhoid fever and the confirmatory test for typhoid.
(1) Plasmodium vivax / UTI test
(2) Streptococcus pneumoniae / Widal test
(3) Salmonella typhi / Anthrone test
(4) Salmonella typhi / Widal test
Answer (4) Salmonella typhi / Widal test
84. What is the genetic disorder in which an individual has an overall masculine development gynaecomastia, and is sterile ?
(1) Turner's syndrome
(2) Klinefelter's syndrome
(3) Edward syndrome
(4) Down's syndrome
Answer :(2) Klinefelter's syndrome
85. Polyblend, a fine powder of recycled modified plastic, has proved to be a good material for
(1) Making plastic sacks
(2) Use as a fertilizer
(3) Construction of roads
(4) Making tubes and pipes
Answer :(3) Construction of roads
86. Which of these following methods is the most suitable for disposal of nuclear waste?
(1) Shoot the waste into space
(2) Bury the waste under Antarctic ice-cover
(3) Dump the waste within rocks under deep ocean
(4) Bury the waste within rocks deep below the Earth's surface
87. Match the following hormones with the respective disease
(a) Insulin (i) Addison's disease (b) Thyroxin (ii) Diabetes insipidus (c) Corticoids (iii) Acromegaly (d) Growth Hormone (iv) Goitre (v) Diabetes mellitus
Select the correct option.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (v) (i) (ii) (iii)
(2) (ii) (iv) (iii) (i)
(3) (v) (iv) (i) (iii)
(4) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
Answer: (3) (v) (iv) (i) (iii)
88. Select the correct option.
(1) 8th, 9th and 10th pairs of ribs articulate directly with the sternum.
(2) 11th and 12th pairs of ribs are connected to the sternum with the help of hyaline cartilage.
(3) Each rib is a flat thin bone and all the ribs are connected dorsally to the thoracic vertebrae and ventrally to the sternum.
(4) There are seven pairs of vertebrosternal, three pairs of vertebrochondral and two pairs of vertebral ribs.
Answer: (4) There are seven pairs of vertebrosternal, three pairs of vertebrochondral and two pairs of vertebral ribs.