11. Which of the following pairs of gases is mainly responsible for greenhouse effect?
(1) Ozone and Ammonia (2) Oxygen and Nitrogen
(3) Nitrogen and Sulphur dioxide (4) Carbon dioxide and Methane
Answer (4) Carbon dioxide and Methane
12. Which of the following muscular disorders is inherited?
(1) Tetany (2) Muscular dystrophy (3) Myasthenia gravis (4) Botulism
Answer (2) Muscular dystrophy
13. The ciliated epithelial cells are required to move particles or mucus in a specific
direction. In humans, these cells are mainly present in
(1) Bile duct and Bronchioles (2) Fallopian tubes and Pancreatic duct
(3) Eustachian tube and Salivary duct (4) Bronchioles and Fallopian tubes
Answer : (4) Bronchioles and Fallopian tubes
14. Match the Column-I with Column-II
(a) P - wave (i) Depolarisation of ventricles
(b) QRS complex (ii) Repolarisation of ventricles
(c) T - wave (iii) Coronary ischemia
(d) Reduction in the (iv) Depolarisation of size of T-wave atria
(v) Repolarisation of atria
Select the correct option.
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(2) (iv) (i) (ii) (v)
(3) (ii) (i) (v) (iii)
(4) (ii) (iii) (v) (iv)
Answer (1) a-(iv),b- (i),c- (ii),d- (iii)
15. Which one of the following is not a method of in situ conservation of biodiversity?
(1) Biosphere Reserve (2) Wildlife Sanctuary (3) Botanical Garden (4) Sacred Grove
Answer (3) Botanical Garden
16. In a species, the weight of newborn ranges from 2 to 5 kg. 97% of the newborn with an average weight between 3 to 3.3 kg survive whereas 99% of the infants born with weight from 2 to 2.5 kg or 4.5 to 5 kg die. Which type of selection process is taking place?
(1) Directional Selection (2) Stabilizing Selection (3) Disruptive Selection (4) Cyclical Selection
Answer (2) Stabilizing Selection
17. The correct sequence of phases of cell cycle is
1) M-> G1-> G2 -> S
2) G1 -> G2-> S-> M
3) S-> G1-> G2-> M
4) G1 -> S -> G2-> M
Answer: 4) G1 -> S-> G2 -> M
18. How does the steroid hormone influence cellular activities?
(1) Changing the permeability of the cell membrane
(2) Binding to DNA and forming a gene hormone complex
(3) Activating cyclic AMP located on the cell membrane
(4) Using aquaporin channels as the second messenger
Answer : (2) Binding to DNA and forming a gene-hormone complex
19. Which of the following statements is not correct?
(1) Lysosomes have numerous hydrolytic enzymes
(2) The hydrolytic enzymes of lysosomes are active under acidic pH
(3) Lysosomes are membrane bound structures
(4) Lysosomes are formed by the process of packaging in the endoplasmic reticulum
Answer (4) Lysosomes are formed by the process of packaging in the endoplasmic reticulum
20. Which one of the following statements regarding post-fertilization development in flowering plants is incorrect?
(1) Ovary develops into fruit
(2) Zygote develops into embryo
(3) Central cell develops into endosperm
(4) Ovules develop into embryo sac Answer
Ans: (4) Ovules develop into embryo sac