11. Which among the following are the smallest living cells, known without a definite cell wall, pathogenic to plants as well as animals and can survive without oxygen ?
12. Which of the following options gives the correct sequence of events during mitosis ?
1. condensation -> nuclear membrane disassembly -> crossing over -> segregation ->telophase
2. condensation -> nuclear membrane disassembly -> arrangement at equator - centromere division -> segregation - telophase
3. condensation -> crossing over -> nucle. membrane disassembiy -> segregation - telophase
4.condensation-> arrangement at equator -> centromere division -> segregation ->telophase
13.Which one of the following statements is correct with reference to enzymes ?
1. Apoenzyme = Holoenzyme + Coenzyme
2. Holoenzyme =Apoenzyme + Coenzyme
3.Coenzyme = Apoenzyrne + Holoenzyme
4.Holoenzyme = Coenzyme + Co-factor
14. During DNA replication, Okazaki fragments are used to elongate :
1. The leading strand towards replication fork
2. The lagging strand towards replication fork
3. The leading strand away from replication fork
4. The lagging strand away from the replication fork.
15. Which of the following are not polymeric ?
1. Nucleic acids
16. The region of Biosphere Reserve which is legally protected and where no human activity is allowed is known as :
1. core zone
2. Buffer zone
3. Transition zone
4. Restoration zone
17. A dioecious flowering Plant prevents both
1. Autogamy and xenogamy
2. Autogamy and geitonogamy
3.Geitonogamy and xenogamy
4. Cleistogamy and xenogamY
18. A temporary endocrine gland in the human body is
1. Pineal gland
2. Corpus cardiacum ;
3. Corpus luteum
4. Corpus allatum
19. Match the following sexually transmitted diseases (Column - I) with their causative agent(Column - II) and select the correct option.
(a) Gonorrhea (i) HIV
(b) Syphilis (ii) Neisseia
(c) Genital Warts (iii) Treponema
(d) AIDS (iv) Human Papilloma – Virus
20. Transplantation of tissues/organs fails often due to non-acceptance by the patient's body. Which type of immune-response is responsible for such rejections ?
1. Cell - mediated immune response
2. Hormonal immune response
3. Physiological immune response
4. Autoimmune response
11. 3. Mycoplasma
12. 2. condensation -> nuclear membrane disassembly -> arrangement at equator - centromere division -> segregation - telophase
13. 2. Holoenzyme =Apoenzyme + Coenzyme
14. 4. The lagging strand away from the replication fork.
15. 4. Lipids
16. 1. core zone
17. 2. Autogamy and geitonogamy
18. 3. Corpus luteum
19 1. Ans: a –ii, b- iii, c –iv, d- I
20. 1. Cell - mediated immune response