1. Which is distributed more widely in a cell?
a) DNAb) RNAc) Chloroplastd) Sphaerosomes
2. What are the most diverse molecules in the cell?
a) Lipidsb) Proteinsc) Carbohydratesd) Mineral salts
3. Which of the following is a reducing sugar?
a) Sucroseb) Galactosec) β-Methyl galactocidased) Gluconic acid
4. The four elements that make up 99% of all elements found in a living system are
a) C, H, O and Pb) C, H, O and Sc) C, H, O and Nd) C, N, O and P
5. Glycogen is a polymer of
a) Galactoseb) Glucosec) Fructosed) Sucrose
6. Carbohydrates, the most abundant biomolecules on earth, are produced by
a) all bacteria, fungi and algaeb) viruses, fungi and bacteriac) some bacteria, algae and green plant cellsd) Fungi, algae and green plant cells
7. Which of the following is the simplest amino acid?
a) Alanineb) Glycinec) Asparagined) Tyrosine
8. Which is wrong about nucleic acids?
a) DNA is single stranded in some virusesb) one turn of Z DNA has 12 basesc) RNA is double stranded occasionallyd) Length of one helix is 45Ao in B-DNA
9. A segment of DNA has 120 adenine and 120 cytosine bases. The total number of nucleotides present in the segment is
a) 480b) 240c) 120d) 60
a) Cub) Mgc) Fed) Cu and Ag
1. b) RNA
2. b) Proteins
3. b) Galactose
4. c) C, H, O and N
5. b) Glucoseb) Glucose
6. c) some bacteria, algae and green plant cells
7. b) Glycine
8. d) Length of one helix is 45Ao in B-DNA
9. a) 480
10. c) Fe